After 140 years of serving contractors, architects, and interior designers, Rundle-Spence continues to celebrate a tradition of quality and service to the greater Milwaukee and Madison areas.
Rundle-Spence was founded in 1871 by Thomas Spence and Joseph P. Rundle. They built a company that concentrated on the manufacture of plumbing supplies, including china and enameled iron fixtures, wash sinks and drinking fountains. In fact, the famous bubbler, as it is known in Milwaukee, was patented in the late 1800's by Rundle-Spence. Founder Thomas Spence was an executive at the company until his passing at age 81.
Ownership of Rundle-Spence passed exclusively to the Spence family in 1900 when Joseph Rundle sold his shares. Thomas Spence's sons, Thomas, Jr. and Edmund, took over leadership at that point. The company expanded and opened a Madison location in the 1920's. Rundle-Spence stayed at their 445 N. Fourth Street facility in Milwaukee until relocation in 1965 when they built a 100,000 square foot warehouse and distribution center in the New Berlin Industrial Park, where they were the very first business resident.
A fifth generation of Spence's are at the helm as Rundle-Spence continues to head into the 21st century as a well-established wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and industrial supplies. A consistent sense of focus is on the customer, which Rundle-Spence contributes to most of their success. While remaining true to their roots by providing the best service in the industry while always moving forward with technology and trends, Rundle-Spence is proud to say that for five generations there's been one answer - Yes!